One year I was asked to bring a fruit salad to a family Christmas dinner. I found several fruit salad recipes, but none seemed really special for the holidays. I devised this recipe and everyone loved it. After that, I became the "official fruit salad person" for all family get-togethers.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, halved, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, halved, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before serving, add sour cream and toss to coat. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Festive Fruit Salad in Country December/January 2000, p49
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Marshmallows
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review