Fruit Salad with Citrus Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the apples, bananas, grapes and pineapple; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the water, orange juice and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over fruit; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 128 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Citrus Sauce
"Quick, tasty, and easy to make. My family loves this recipe and often asks to have it on hand all the time."
"I recommend not adding the bananas until right before serving. They turned brown after just one hour. But a very tasty salad!"