- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the apples, bananas, grapes and pineapple; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the water, orange juice and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over fruit; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Salad in Country Woman May/June 2003, p35
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Citrus Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
"quick, tasty, and easy to make. My family loves this recipe and often asks to have it on hand all the time."
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2009
"I recommend not adding the bananas until right before serving. They turned brown after just one hour. But a very tasty salad!"