- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the apples, bananas, grapes and pineapple; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the water, orange juice and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over fruit; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Salad in Country Woman May/June 2003, p35
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Citrus Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
Quick, tasty, and easy to make. My family loves this recipe and often asks to have it on hand all the time.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2009
I recommend not adding the bananas until right before serving. They turned brown after just one hour. But a very tasty salad!