Fruit Salad with Banana Dressing Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 cups honeydew balls
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- BANANA DRESSING:
- 2 small bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a food processor, combine the bananas, sour cream, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cover and process until smooth. Serve with fruit. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup fruit with 2 tablespoons dressing equals 112 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.