Explains Carol Lambert of El Dorado, Arkansas, "When I serve this lovely refreshing salad for picnics and holidays, the bowl empties fast."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large red apples, coarsely chopped
- 8 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks (about 5 cups)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups green grapes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir the sugar, cornstarch and apricot nectar until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 26 (1-cup) serving.
Originally published as Fruit Salad with Apricot Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p8
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Apricot Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review