Fruit Salad Supreme
For a delightful fruit salad that's a snap to prepare, give this recipe a try. The sweet combination, topped with onion and a tangy dressing, is one family and friends ask for often. It's also one of my favorites to serve.
-Lois Rutherford, St. Augustine, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups watercress, stems removed
- 8 fresh or canned pineapple rings, halved
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions or 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- LIME DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- On individual plates, arrange watercress, pineapple, and oranges. Top
- with cantaloupe and onions. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lime juice,
- sugar and hot pepper sauce until sugar is dissolved. Stir in sour
- cream. Serve with salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving with 2 tablespoons of dressing (prepared with fresh pineapple and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 216 calories, 15 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1-1/2 fruit.