Fruit Salad Sunburst Recipe
A plate of colorful fruits also took on a fresh look for my sunflower theme. This "floral" arrangement has a light pineapple dressing that I like a lot. Even my younger brother said it was "pretty good"! —Holly Joyce Jackson, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved widthwise and lengthwise
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced and quartered
- 3 large strawberries, quartered
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool.
- 2. Cut the end off one kiwi; place cut side down in the center of a large round platter. Place blueberries evenly around kiwi. Cut remaining kiwi into 1/8-in. slices; place around edge of plate.
- 3. Place bananas in a spoke pattern over blueberries. Arrange oranges over bananas and around center kiwi, overlapping slightly. Place strawberries between bananas. Drizzle with pineapple dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 132 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC