A plate of colorful fruits also took on a fresh look for my sunflower theme. This "floral" arrangement has a light pineapple dressing that I like a lot. Even my younger brother said it was "pretty good"! —Holly Joyce Jackson, Minnesota
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved widthwise and lengthwise
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced and quartered
- 3 large strawberries, quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool.
- Cut the end off one kiwi; place cut side down in the center of a large round platter. Place blueberries evenly around kiwi. Cut remaining kiwi into 1/8-in. slices; place around edge of plate.
- Place bananas in a spoke pattern over blueberries. Arrange oranges over bananas and around center kiwi, overlapping slightly. Place strawberries between bananas. Drizzle with pineapple dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Salad Sunburst in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p37
Reviews for Fruit Salad Sunburst
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2011
"after bananas are peeled and sliced, how do you keep them from turning dark and for how long?"