When my mother passed away, she left me a legacy of love—her treasured recipe collection, including this old-time favorite. She would serve this flavorful fruit salad in her best crystal bowl. —Audrey Groe, Lake Mills, Iowa
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 to 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juices in a 2-cup measuring cup; set fruit aside. Add enough water to juices to measure 1-1/2 cups. In a saucepan, whisk the juices and pudding mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the strawberries, cherries and reserved pineapple and oranges. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in bananas.
Originally published as Creamy Fruit Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p163
Reviews for Fruit Salad Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review