Fruit Salad Fluff Recipe
When fresh fruits aren't readily available, this recipe comes in handy because it calls for the canned variety. It's a nice way to offer folks fruit while appeasing their sweet tooth.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced pears, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Combine all the fruit in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and salt; fold into fruit mixture. Chill. Just before serving, stir in nuts. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 258 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC