Fruit Salad Fluff Recipe
When fresh fruits aren't readily available, this recipe comes in handy because it calls for the canned variety. It's a nice way to offer folks fruit while appeasing their sweet tooth.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced pears, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all the fruit in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and salt; fold into fruit mixture. Chill. Just before serving, stir in nuts. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Fruit Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p71
Reviews for Fruit Salad Fluff(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review