Fruit Salad Dessert
I AM 83 years old and my mother has been gone for many years, but I'm still using her best recipes. She was a gourmet cook before anyone was using that term and before everyone was counting calories.
This was one of our family's favorite desserts when I was growing up, and it's just as good two generations later! Muriel Fay
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh orange pieces
- 1/2 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar, lemon juice and butter;
- cook and stir over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, grapes, oranges and marshmallows in
- a small bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream and
- confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into fruit mixture.
- Add cooled dressing. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 519 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 198 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.