"We had a diabetic child in our church youth group a few years ago and tried to fix snacks that would be within his restrictions but enjoyable for the other kids as well," explains Ruth Tacoma of Falmouth, Michigan. "This punch really fills the bill-you'd never know it's a diabetic drink."
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 envelope sugar-free tropical punch soft drink mix
- 4-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 16 cups diet lemon-lime soda
- In a large pitcher, combine soft drink mix and water. Add orange
- juice concentrate; mix well. Just before serving, pour mixture into
- a punch bowl; stir in the soda. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 fruit; also, 38 calories, 3 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat.