Fruit-Pecan Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter for 1 minute. Add orange juice and bay leaf; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add the cranberry sauce, broth, pecans and vinegar; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the salt, pepper, sugar and remaining butter until butter is melted. Discard bay leaf.
- Remove 1/4 cup sauce and stir in preserves; spoon over roast. Set remaining sauce aside. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Fruit-Pecan Pork Roast
Sort By :
"I put 1/2 the sauce in the crockpot with lightly cooked chicken breasts and served it over rice with the rest of the sauce on the side. I'm sure it would be great on the pork roast as well."
"Roast was very moist and tender, I added lemon zest and a dash of nutmeg to the sauce, it was perfection.I will make this again."
"Sauce was very tasty & meat was juicy. I always place roasts in a preheated oven to seal in the juices. After removal from oven, I made slits in roast (into slices) & poured a bit more sauce & left it to marinate for a bit before serving. Looks festive & definitely will be making it again. Sauce is great on chicken as well."