These parfaits are a refreshing fruity treat, and you can use whatever flavor of gelatin you like. Because it calls for canned fruit, you can rely on it as a tasty dessert anytime of year.—Erlene Cornelius, Spring City, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 8 ice cubes (1-1/2 cups crushed ice)
- Drain fruit cocktail, reserving syrup. Divide fruit among four
- parfait glasses and set aside. Add water to the syrup to measure 3/4
- cup; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Place gelatin in a blender; carefully add syrup. Cover and blend on
- low until gelatin is dissolved, about 30 seconds. Add ice; cover and
- blend until dissolved, about 1 minute. Pour over the fruit. Cover
- and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sugar fruit cocktail and sugar-free gelatin) equals 69 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.