Fruit-Packed Gelatin Salad
A rich creamy layer makes this fruity gelatin stand out from the rest. "I always get comments as well as requests for the recipe," comments Linda Kaufman of Columbus, Ohio. Loaded with berry, pineapple and banana flavors, it is perfect for potlucks.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and cut in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the
- strawberries, pineapple and bananas. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for about 1
- hour or until partially set.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream until
- blended. Carefully spread over gelatin mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.