Fruit-Packed Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and cut in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the strawberries, pineapple and bananas. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until partially set.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream until blended. Carefully spread over gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving: 142 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.