A rich creamy layer makes this fruity gelatin stand out from the rest. "I always get comments as well as requests for the recipe," comments Linda Kaufman of Columbus, Ohio. Loaded with berry, pineapple and banana flavors, it is perfect for potlucks.
Featured In: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and cut in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the strawberries, pineapple and bananas. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until partially set.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream until blended. Carefully spread over gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Packed Gelatin Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p22
Reviews for Fruit-Packed Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review