Fruit-Nut Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. For spread, place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cranberries and walnuts until blended. Serve with bread. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each) and 1 cup spread.
1 slice with 2 teaspoons spread equals 386 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Nut Pumpkin Bread
"This is excellent!"
"I've been making this bread for a couple of years now. I always load it up with everything listed because we love it that way. During the holidays I make multiple loaves and give as gifts to friends and family....it's become a requested item. Freezes well so you can make ahead and always have some on hand. During the fall months I always buy extra cans of the solid-pack pumpkin so I can make this delicous bread all year round."
"This bread is my favorite, although I changed a couple of things. In every bread I bake, I substitute the oil for applesauce and use about half the sugar. Yummy!"
"Excellent recipe. I added dried cranberrys in place of the golden raisins."
"I made it exactly as the recipe stated and it was perfect. This recipe is a keeper."
"I baked this last year and it was undone in the center. This year I made it in 3 pans and baked same time and it was done completely and fantastic"
"I have made different variations of this bread, using combinations of various fruits (apples, dried apples, raisins, golden raisins, cranberries, dried cranberries, chocolate covered raisins), nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts), orange peel, lemon peel, and even chocolate chips. It is always a big hit with everyone!"
"I made this recipe for myself & hubby. We ate one loaf. It is so delicious. I am saving the other loaf for Thanksgiving! Thanks!"
"I have been looking for a pumpkin bread recipe to make as gifts for friends this Christmas. I tried this one and can't believe how good it is. And my husband and daughter love it too. It has the perfect combination of flavors. Too good to keep a loaf at home because I'll eat it all!"
"I took this to our local fair and got a blue ribbon! It is moist and the cranberries, raisins and walnuts add so much flavor."