Fruit-Nut Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and cranberries.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For spread, place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cranberries and walnuts until blended. Serve with bread. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each) and 1 cup spread.
Reviews for Fruit-Nut Pumpkin Bread
Sort By :
"This is excellent!"
"I've been making this bread for a couple of years now. I always load it up with everything listed because we love it that way. During the holidays I make multiple loaves and give as gifts to friends and family....it's become a requested item. Freezes well so you can make ahead and always have some on hand. During the fall months I always buy extra cans of the solid-pack pumpkin so I can make this delicous bread all year round."