Whenever I take this eye-catching fruit salad to a party or gathering, people ask for the recipe. I like to use dark sweet cherries and blueberries to give this blend its distinctive flavor.
-Julie Sterchi, Jackson, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or canned pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, fold in the blueberries,
- cherries and bananas; gently toss. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.