Fruit Juice Pops
I've used this recipe for years as a refreshing treat. My children enjoyed these pops more than any store-bought ones I ever brought home. They taste great with either pineapple or orange juice. Try freezing and serving in cups made from hollowed-out oranges. —Barbara Stewart, Garland, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple or orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is
- dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in
- Fill molds or cups with 1/4 cup juice mixture. Top molds with
- holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through
- foil. Freeze until firm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 juice pop equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.