Apple, cranberry and raspberry flavors blend with fresh herbs in a tangy glaze for the roasted turkey. It's a welcome change to a traditional entree. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Roast, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Reduce oven setting to 325°. Brush turkey with half of the glaze. Roast 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, brushing turkey with remaining glaze during the last 45 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Glazed Roast Turkey in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p94
Reviews for Fruit-Glazed Roast Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review