- until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high
- heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until
- thickened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pears, peaches,
- apricots and prunes; pour hot syrup over fruit. Let stand 10
- minutes; drain and set aside.
- Remove chickens from oven; spread with apricot mixture. Return to the
- oven for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before
- Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired. Place chickens on serving
- platter; spoon fruit mixture around chickens. Garnish with lemon
- leaves if desired. Serve with gravy if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.