Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops
“Here’s a fast and simple way to grill chops. Your meal can be ready in half an hour, and other fruit preserves can be easily substituted. Also nice broiled in the oven!”
Edie DeSpain - Logan, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, corn syrup,
- mustard and cloves; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- basting frequently with sauce mixture. Let meat stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 406 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.