Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, corn syrup, mustard and cloves; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with sauce mixture. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 406 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.