“Here’s a fast and simple way to grill chops. Your meal can be ready in half an hour, and other fruit preserves can be easily substituted. Also nice broiled in the oven!” Edie DeSpain - Logan, Utah
- 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, corn syrup, mustard and cloves; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with sauce mixture. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review