- 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, corn syrup, mustard and cloves; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with sauce mixture. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops
"These were so easy and delicious!!!"
"Has anyone tried this recipe with dijon mustard instead of prepared? I've used dijon and apricot preserves together before but never prepared yellow mustard."