Fruit Flower Garden
Spruce up any summer activity or party with a surprisingly easy fruit platter that's as good to look at as it is to eat! In about 30 minutes, you can make this centerpiece that'll wow guests so much, they'll all be asking for your secrets! Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Fresh strawberries
- Sliced fresh honeydew melon, pineapple and kiwi
- Seedless red grapes, halved
- Seedless red grapes
- Pretzel sticks
- Dried currants
- Orange slices
- Orange peel strips
- Line a large serving platter with parsley. With a small sharp knife,
- cut a strawberry vertically toward the cap. Repeat, cutting to form
- petals resembling a rose. Repeat with remaining berries.
- Using cookie cutters, cut honeydew, pineapple and kiwi into desired
- shapes. Decorate with grape halves as desired.
- For ants, skewer three grapes with a pretzel stick. With a small
- sharp knife, cut two small holes in a grape for eyes; insert
- currants. Arrange three pretzel sticks on the platter for legs; top
- with an ant body. Repeat as desired.
- Decorate platter with berry roses, fruit cutouts, ants, orange slices
- and peel. Yield: 1 fruit flower garden.