Fruit-Filled White Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg whites, two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a bowl, beat topping mix and milk on high speed for 4 minutes or until thickened. Combine melted chips and jam; gradually beat into topping. Set aside 1 cup for filling. Cover and chill remaining mixture for 20 minutes or until it reaches spreading consistency.
- 4. Add pineapple and strawberries to reserved filling. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with fruit mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with chilled topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 433 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Fruit-Filled White Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.