Fruit-Filled Raspberry Ring Recipe
People love this fruity gelatin ring that gets extra flavor from an ambrosia-like mixture in the center. I've been bringing it to potlucks, buffets and showers for 20 years. While it looks like you fussed, it's easy to make the night before a special occasion. -Janice Steinmetz, Somers, Connecticut
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in sherbet until melted. Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight or until firm.
- In another large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, coconut, marshmallows and sour cream. Cover and chill. To serve, unmold gelatin onto a serving plate. Spoon fruit mixture into center of ring. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Filled Raspberry Ring in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p27
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Raspberry Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012