Fruit-Filled Puff Pancake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, flour, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- 2. Tilt pie plate to coat evenly with butter. Pour batter into hot plate. Bake 10-12 minutes or until sides are puffed and golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine blueberries and banana. Remove pancake from oven. Top with fruit. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over top. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.