Fruit-Filled Pie Recipe
Your holiday guests will be sweet on slices of this fruit-filled pie! For a special touch, cut out fall shapes in the top pastry.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced or 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place the cranberries in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain well and set aside. In a large bowl, toss the apples, peach and pear with lemon juice. Stir in the sugars, apple pie spice and vanilla. Add tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the cranberries.
- 2. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with one sheet of pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Unroll second sheet of pastry; cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice equals 457 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC