Your holiday guests will be sweet on slices of this fruit-filled pie! For a special touch, cut out fall shapes in the top pastry.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced or 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place the cranberries in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain well and set aside. In a large bowl, toss the apples, peach and pear with lemon juice. Stir in the sugars, apple pie spice and vanilla. Add tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the cranberries.
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with one sheet of pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Unroll second sheet of pastry; cut slits in pastry.
- Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Four-Fruit Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p132
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review