Fruit-Filled Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange-cream yogurt
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries, patted dry
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained and patted dry
- 1. Coat two 9-in. round baking pans with cooking spray; line with waxed paper. Coat waxed paper with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat for 2 minutes. Fold in orange peel.
- 2. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and whipped topping. In another bowl, combine strawberries and pineapple.
- 4. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the yogurt mixture; top with half of the fruit mixture. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining yogurt mixture over top of cake; sprinkle with remaining fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Orange Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.