Fruit-Filled Melons Recipe
Fresh summer fruit is extra appealing served in a melon half and topped with a light dressing. The recipe comes from Tamie Foley of Thousand Oaks, California.
- 2 large cantaloupe melons, halved and seeded
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free pineapple, lemon or vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1. With a melon baller, scoop out 2 cups of cantaloupe balls; set aside. Cut out and reserve remaining cantaloupe for another use, leaving 1/2-in. thick shells.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine orange, apple and peach. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss gently. Stir in cantaloupe balls, blue berries and strawberries.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce, honey and ginger. Line melon shells with lettuce; add fruit. Top with yogurt mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 216 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit, 0 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Melons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC