Fruit-Filled Kolaches Recipe
"In our Czech community, these tender pastries are served at weddings and family dinners," shares Mary Pecinovsky of Calmar, Iowa. "The bread machine saves you from kneading the dough by hand."
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot or raspberry cake and pastry filling
- Additional butter
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Cut dough into 24 squares. Place a heaping teaspoonful of pastry filling in the center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of dough over filling; pinch tightly to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven; brush with butter. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Kolaches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC