Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps Recipe
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granola
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt and banana. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip both sides of each tortilla in egg mixture. In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add tortilla; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. Spoon yogurt mixture down center of tortillas; top with strawberries, blueberries and granola. Roll up; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 wrap equals 399 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps
"These are beautiful, easy, and were a big hit with my children! I have tried this with a variety of yogurt flavors ( honey was a big hit), and different fruits. Peaches are great in season!"
"I read this one over and over before I decided to make it...as I didn't have yogurt or fruit on hand. But, I decided it sounded simple, why not? I substituted cottage cheese for the yogurt and used strawberry jam on top of that. No granola, because I forgot it. WOW! VERY good! (And not just because I was starving!) I will make this again for sure... and experiment with different fillings... and I bet it will just get better and better. Thanks!"
"Definitely a winner and can be presented to look like a million dollar dish! Next time I will reduce the fruits to 1/2 cup each rather than 2/3 - my wraps were filled to capacity! Excellent flavor! Can't wait to make them again!"
"Awesome, made it exactly as the recipe stated!"
"This recipe is a misnomer because it's more like a crepe than french toast. Nonetheless, it was very good."
"This is a delicious, healthy way to have French toast. My husband is the breakfast cook in our house and he loves to make this one when we have overnight company."
"This recipe was SOOOO easy to make and the taste was wonderful! Healthy and AWESOME! Found a new Breakfast favorite :D"
"Delightful! I had to improvise though. A pita instead of tortilla, and a banana and a bit of baking powder instead of the egg. Still came out well though!"
"This is delicious!"
"Absolutely delicious. My family loved it and I will continue to make it!!"
"I'm on a Taste of Home winning recipe streak here. I picked up a copy and have made three recipes from it this weekend. This was the first one, and it floored my entire family. VERY tasty, light, and fresh. Thank you!"
"I made this for my boyfriend's birthday breakfast in bed, and he thought it was probably the best breakfast he's ever had. I'm definitely going to make it more often. It has everything he loves in it. Super easy and fast too."
"I just loved this recipe! The tortilla seasoned with the cinnamon and nutmeg was a great binder to the goodies inside!"