Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps Recipe
Here's a delicious way to add fiber to your diet. This pretty French toast dish makes an amazing breakfast or brunch entree. It's easy to make but looks so special. —Dawn Jarvis, Breckenridge, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip both sides of tortillas in egg mixture. In a nonstick skillet, cook tortillas in butter over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the berries, banana, yogurt and granola. Spoon down the center of tortillas. Roll up; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 wrap equals 441 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC