Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps Recipe
Here's a delicious way to add fiber to your diet. This pretty French toast dish makes an amazing breakfast or brunch entree. It's easy to make but looks so special. —Dawn Jarvis, Breckenridge, Minnesota
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup granola
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine berries, banana and yogurt. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip both sides of each tortilla in egg mixture. In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add tortilla; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. Stir granola into fruit mixture. Spoon down center of tortillas and roll up; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 wrap equals 441 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC