Fruit-Filled Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- Red food coloring, optional
- Red nonpareils and pink jimmies, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Place 27 paper or foil liners in heart-shaped or standard muffin tins. (If using standard tins, tuck a 1/2-in. foil ball or marble between the liner and cup to form a heart shape.) Fill cups half full with batter. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each; fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- If desired, place a third of the frosting in a small bowl; tint pink with red food coloring. Frost cupcakes with white frosting; if desired, pipe edges with pink frosting. Decorate with nonpareils and jimmies if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Cupcakes(7)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious..We have been trying different recipies for grandaughters "dessert"wedding reception but testers suggested cream cheese frosting. Want to try the peanut butter and grape jelly now !!!!!!!!!
Delicious! I have been making a homemade version of these for years. I use a peanut butter cake recipe and fill with grape jam, topped with peanut butter frosting. Can't keep them long!
I experimented with strawberry preserves and seedless rasberry. I thought the rasberry filling gave a better berry taste.
These are very good - moist and light all at the same time. Strange this popped up as the featured recipe - - I downloaded it from this site over a year ago.
It wasn't as fluffy in texture as I was wanting.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Filled Cupcake Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Simple Desserts >