Kids really love the fruity surprise tucked inside these sweet and tender cupcakes. And because the recipe is so easy and quick, they'd probably love to help make and frost them! —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- Red food coloring, optional
- Red nonpareils and pink jimmies, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Place 27 paper or foil liners in heart-shaped or standard muffin tins. (If using standard tins, tuck a 1/2-in. foil ball or marble between the liner and cup to form a heart shape.) Fill cups half full with batter. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each; fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- If desired, place a third of the frosting in a small bowl; tint pink with red food coloring. Frost cupcakes with white frosting; if desired, pipe edges with pink frosting. Decorate with nonpareils and jimmies if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Fruit-Filled Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p15
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review