- thickness. Let stand for 15-20 minutes or until easy to handle. Set
- aside 1 teaspoon for assembly.
- Divide remaining coating into six equal portions. Roll each into a
- 15-in. rope. Press three rope ends together; braid and press end to
- secure. Repeat with remaining ropes. Set aside both braids.
- For Chocolate-Dipped Berries: Melt chocolate and shortening in a
- microwave or heavy saucepan. Stir in almond extract. Dip
- strawberries halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Place on a waxed
- paper-lined tray; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- To assemble, carefully remove chocolate container from pan by slowly
- pulling up on foil lining (see photo 2). Peel foil to remove.
- Place small dabs of reserved white coating around top edge of
- container to secure the braids (see photo 3). Press one braid around
- half of container. Repeat with other braid; trim to fit if
- necessary. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Fill with
- chocolate-dipped berries. Yield: 1 chocolate container and about
- 2-1/2 dozen berries.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.