Fruit-Filled Angel Food Torte Recipe
"I was so tired of eating plain angel food cake and fruit for dessert that I decided to combine the two with a little whipped topping—the result is this scrumptious and refreshing torte," says Hettie Johnson of Jacksonville, Florida. "It tastes as good as it looks!"
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large navel orange, sliced, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Fold 1-1/2 cups whipped topping into fruit cocktail just until blended. Split cake horizontally into three layers; place one layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the fruit mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
- 2. Frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Arrange mandarin oranges on top. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with orange slices and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Angel Food Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC