Fruit-Filled Angel Food Torte Recipe
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large navel orange, sliced, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Fold 1-1/2 cups whipped topping into fruit cocktail just until blended. Split cake horizontally into three layers; place one layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the fruit mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
- 2. Frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Arrange mandarin oranges on top. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with orange slices and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 0g sugar total.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Angel Food Torte
"This was delicious! Made it for a luncheon and everyone loved it!"
"this was so light and very delicious. I would definitely make it again. It also looks very elegant."