"I was so tired of eating plain angel food cake and fruit for dessert that I decided to combine the two with a little whipped topping—the result is this scrumptious and refreshing torte," says Hettie Johnson of Jacksonville, Florida. "It tastes as good as it looks!"
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large navel orange, sliced, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- Fold 1-1/2 cups whipped topping into fruit cocktail just until blended. Split cake horizontally into three layers; place one layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the fruit mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Arrange mandarin oranges on top. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with orange slices and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Filled Angel Food Torte in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p16
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Angel Food Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2014
"This was delicious! Made it for a luncheon and everyone loved it!"
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2010
"this was so light and very delicious. I would definitely make it again. It also looks very elegant."