Fruit Cup with Honey-Lime Syrup
“I often experiment with fresh fruit for desserts. This is a nice cool treat for summer afternoons,” says Dawn Bryant of Thedford, Nebraska. “The sweet lime syrup adds a bit of sparkle to the fruit.”
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the wine, lime juice and
- honey to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is
- syrupy and reduced to about 1/4 cup. Remove from the heat; cool
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and gently
- toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 135 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as