Fruit Cup with Citrus Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, wine or grape juice, lemon juice and sugar; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the fruit; add juice mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 63 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.