Fruit Cup with Citrus Sauce
"This medley of fresh fruits is so elegant that I serve it in my prettiest crystal bowls," reports Edna Lee of Greeley, Colorado. With its dressed-up flavor, it's perfect for a special event.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, wine or grape juice, lemon
- juice and sugar; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the fruit; add
- juice mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish
- with mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 63 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and