Fruit Crumble Recipe
"Fruit is a good dessert for most any meal, but it seems to be even more special when it's dressed up like this," comments Jackie Heyer of Cushing, Iowa. Convenient canned pie filling makes this warm crumble a snap to prepare.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry or cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a skillet, melt the butter. Add cracker crumbs and sugar; cook and stir until crumbs are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the pie filling and extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into individual dishes; sprinkle with crumbs. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC