"Fruit is a good dessert for most any meal, but it seems to be even more special when it's dressed up like this," comments Jackie Heyer of Cushing, Iowa. Convenient canned pie filling makes this warm crumble a snap to prepare.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry or cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add cracker crumbs and sugar; cook and
- stir until crumbs are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the pie filling and extract in a microwave-safe
- bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated
- through. Spoon into individual dishes; sprinkle with crumbs. Top
- with whipped cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.