"Fruit is a good dessert for most any meal, but it seems to be even more special when it's dressed up like this," comments Jackie Heyer of Cushing, Iowa. Convenient canned pie filling makes this warm crumble a snap to prepare.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Blueberries
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry or cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add cracker crumbs and sugar; cook and stir until crumbs are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the pie filling and extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into individual dishes; sprinkle with crumbs. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Crumble in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p11
Reviews for Fruit Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review