Fruit Crisp Topping Mix Recipe
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 5 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or pie filling of your choice
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 13 batches (13 cups total).
- 2. To prepare fruit crisp: Place pie filling in an 8-in. square baking dish. Cut butter into 1 cup topping mix until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings per batch.
1 each: 202 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Fruit Crisp Topping Mix
"I'm a huge fan of apple crisp but not excited about peeling apples and going to a lot of work to make dessert, so I went looking for an easy way to do it... and VOILA! This took minutes to make and was quite yummy. I will be happy to have it on hand for a quick and sweet treat."
"Love this stuff. It save me a lot of time. It tastes great. My husband and son ask for it all the time."