Fruit Cream Salad Recipe
“My son calls this great-tasting fruit salad 'awesome,' and it was an instant hit with my family. I love that it's virtually fat-free and a big hit at brunches and potlucks!” -Sheila Eggert of Elgin, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Kiwifruit wedges, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and orange juice concentrate on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in yogurt. Fold in the pineapple, oranges, peaches and apples. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, fold in bananas. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup equals 163 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC