Fruit Compote Recipe
Whether you prepare this fruit dish for brunch, offer it as an appetizer or top it with a dollop of whipped cream for a light dessert, your guests will be happy. It's brimming with color and flavor and is especially welcoming during wintertime.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine tapioca and reserved juices; let stand for 5 minutes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until clear and thickened, stirring several times. Stir in orange juice concentrate.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapes and peaches. Add tapioca mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in the raspberries and banana. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Compote in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p27
Reviews for Fruit Compote(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review