Fruit Cocktail Squares Recipe
In her Zionsville, Indiana home, Ruth Burrus fixes this frozen medley that makes the most of convenient canned fruit. The frosty squares rich with cream cheese can be served as a salad or dessert.
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Drain fruit cocktail, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in the fruit cocktail, cherries and marshmallows.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze until set. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1 piece) equals 89 calories, 0.55 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC