In her Zionsville, Indiana home, Ruth Burrus fixes this frozen medley that makes the most of convenient canned fruit. The frosty squares rich with cream cheese can be served as a salad or dessert.
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Drain fruit cocktail, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in the fruit cocktail, cherries and marshmallows.
- Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze until set. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Cocktail Squares in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p64
Reviews for Fruit Cocktail Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review