Fruit Cocktail Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until blended. Beat in fruit cocktail and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture until well blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with coconut and walnuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle over cake. Cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit Cocktail Bars
"I've been making this recipe for years....my kids are grown now,,but they ate this SO fast!"
"Easy and so tasty!"
"I had made this recipe before & they were really good! Thank you for submitting this recipe to Taste of Home! DELowenstein"
"These were very good. Will be making them again!"